Thursday, April 14, 2011

Adios Uncle Sam


Eight years ago today I enlisted in the Army Reserves. Two years ago today I had fulfilled my six year active reserve obligation and thought I was riding off into the sunset known as the IRR. Four months after that I received orders in the mail recalling me back to active duty under a presidental order (thanks a lot Obama). Needless to say it has been an interesting eight years and I never thought today would come. April 14, 2011 is the day that I get to say peace out bitchesssss.








I don't have to worry about finding a nice envelope on my doorstep when I come home from work ever again. Normally this would be a cause for binge drinking (I think my wife would actually approve because she's more excited than I am) but unfortunately I have class until 830 tonight. I know, I know its the price I pay for being 27 and still going to school. However, if anyone needs me at around 9ish (when I get home) I will be sippin' on some vodka mixed with I don't care what. Uncle Sam it's been real.....it's been fun....but it hasn't been real fun. I can say that because I'm a civilian now!

No comments:

Post a Comment