Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beware of the dog

Last night Christin and I decided to get a little crazy and stay up past midnight. I know, I know we are animals. At around 1215am we were sitting in our kitchen with our friends Ben and Sam playing a board game and drinking (not me I was on call) when the front door opened and some guy yelled up. At first we all thought it was our next door neighbor and that he needed something. However, our beast of a dog started barking and the door abruptly closed.


(THE BEAST)

Confused I went downstairs to see what was going on. It wasn't our neighbor but some random dude who had tried to let himself into our house. Much to this would be burglars chagrin he had met his match, and our ferocious guard dog and had been scared off. Random guy heard me open the door and turned around to explain himself but between Jackson's barking and Christin yelling "ask him what the heck he was doing" I could hardly make out his explanation. What I did gather was that he was trying to get to his friends house and my detective skills told me he was probably drunk. No worries everyone makes mistakes. The depressing part was that he kept calling me sir...which just made me feel old as shit. I guess it was justified though because his drunken encounter was the biggest excitement of my Saturday night.

1 comment:

  1. Jackson is a beast. He was immediately on the job when that guy came into the house. Now if you could teach him how to fetch your slippers than life would be complete. :)

    ReplyDelete