Monday, April 11, 2011

My Man Card


Today I went to Kroger to grab some groceries. Yes, I do the grocery shopping...and most of the cooking. My wife is many things, beautiful, smart, fun but one thing she isn't is a cook. It's not her fault I knew this when I married her, it's just a simple fact. I might be violating one of my own guidelines where just because it sounds good in your head doesn't mean you should actually say it only time will tell. Anyways, me being the loving husband that I am I decided to pick up a bouquet of tulips for the wife. It seemed like a great way to get some brownie points which I can always use because I pretty much am usually in the negative. I am minding my own business while checking out and the weird little cashier girl starts to make small talk. Pasta was on sale and I bought a lot of it so she starts telling me of her love for pasta, and Fazoli's, and how she was heartbroken when Fazoli's closed. She's definitely a little different but who am I to judge. Then as she's ringing up my flowers she offers me a little nugget of advice. "Tell the person you are buying these for that she should cut a half an inch off the bottom....or him." Now let me preface this with that I have no problem with gay people. I have friends that are gay and they are great people, awesome dressers, and ridiculous dancers (the last part isn't a stereotype it's a fact). Did this girl think that I was on the feminine side? I had been told that I was a girl before but it was by a 3yr old and I'm pretty sure she was just being a doody head. Just because I was grocery shopping and wearing a v-neck doesn't make me feminine. Right then and there I decided that I needed to go home and do some rugged manly stuff to earn my man card. If anybody needs me I will be chopping down trees, chugging beer, and killing things with my bare hands. In fact Chuck Norris if you are reading this I'm calling you out anytime....anyplace....anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment